Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
October 1 is against us, which indicates that it is time for you to find some Independence Day quotes to send to your friends and family. Find some sayings and messages you can share with your loved ones on this glorious day and celebrate independence together!
Quotes about Independence Day and freedom
Sometimes you just need something inspirational to make your Independence Day special. Here are some smart and happy Independence Day quotes you can use in your messages from some of the brightest minds of this generation, as well as those that have come before us:
- Albert Camus: ‘Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.’
- Thomas Paine: ‘Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.’
- Khalil Gibran: ‘Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.’
- Joseph Hopkinson: ‘Enjoy the peace your valor won. Let independence be our boast, Ever mindful what it cost; Ever grateful for the prize, Let its altar reach the skies!’
- Samuel Adams: ‘It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.’
- William Faulkner: ‘We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.’
- Louis Brandeis: ‘Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.’
- Nishan Panwar: ‘Your freedom is brought to you courtesy of the outstanding Men and Women who serve and have served this country with honor, dedication, pride and sacrifice!’
- Nelson Mandela: ‘Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.’
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: ‘In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be won.’
- Richard Cheney: ‘It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.’
- Nelson Mandela: ‘For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.’
- Tara Fela-Durotoye: ‘A nation is not defined by its borders or the boundaries of its land mass. Rather, a nation is defined by adverse people who have been unified by a cause and a value system and who are committed to a vision for the type of society they wish to live in and give to the future generations to come.’
- Bryant H. McGill: ‘Nations and governments come and go, but people remain, and therefore people are the ultimate foundation of what is real and worthy.’
- George Mason: ‘No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people, but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue.’
If you simply want to wish your family and friends a happy Independence Day, we have something for you as well. As these are not direct quotes, feel free to modify them to your own liking to add some of your special touch. Here they are:
- Other might have forgotten, But never can I, The Flag of my country Furls very high, Happy Independence day.
- On Independence Day, here is to wishing that our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us.
- It is a day to pay tribute to all those who became the reason of this land’s freedom. Happy Independence Day.
- Thousands laid their lives down so that our country could breathe on this day. Never forget their sacrifice. Happy Independence Day to you all.
- Let’s celebrate this day that has given us the freedom of actions, thoughts, speech and faith! Celebrate freedom on this glorious occasion! Hope your Independence Day is filled with friends, family and fireworks!
- Independence is one of the most precious gifts from God. May we always remain independent. Wishing you a happy and safe Independence Day!
- We celebrate the bravery of our fathers and their gift of freedom. Long may we wave our flag!
- One should not be proud of being a Nigerian just on Independence Day. The feeling of being a proud Nigerian should be in your mind always. Sending you the warmest wishes on this wonderful Independence Day.
- It makes my heart beat with pride to see the colours of Independence Day spreading happiness and great joy all around. Happy Independence Day!
- Let’s celebrate a peaceful life in our country by remembering all national heroes who have given us our freedom! Have a great Independence Day!
- I wish you a happy Independence Day! May our country progress in everything, so that the whole world is proud of us.
- Freedom in the mind, pride in our souls, faith in the words. Let’s salute the nation on this auspicious day!
- May there be peace and prosperity, and may we rejoice in the blessings that our country has given us. Happy Independence Day to you all!
- Let’s not take our independence for granted. Let’s do our part in making Nigeria a better place.